||(20 December 2016)
|Improved text handling release.
- Added: Management of very small text useful in the production of SMT boards with high density of components.
- Added: Simultaneously change of the height of the text used in all the identifiers (R1, R2, etc.) of the PCB.
- Modified: The output of the drill file is now Excellon type.
- Fixed: Error in "Default Settings".
||(14 December 2016)
- Fixed: Gerber output error for filled Polygons.
||(19 October 2016)
|Updating QT library version release.
- Modified: The QT version is updated to 5.7
- Fixed: "Gerber and Drills" output error for non circular Pads and Vias.
||(5 March 2014)
|Bug-fix and interface
- Fixed: Library bugs in "Insert Component"
(thanks to Boris Dubrovskiy)
- Fixed: "Wire Width" error in PCB routing.
- Fixed: "Step Backward" error
in PCB routing
- Fixed: "Finish Here" mistakenly not
considered in PCB
- Added: "Open Examples" command
in the menu bar.
- Modified: Warning message of
realtime DRC error is showed only 1 time.
- Modified: Library components
with only one associated footprint are now showed in
only 1 row in "Insert Component"
- Removed: "Add Via" during PCB
||(25 February 2014)
|Multiple board in a single
- Added: "Only selected?" option to gerber
and drill output.
- Added: "X mirror?" option to
||(23 January 2013)
|Multiple part in a single
- New: Multiple part in a single footprint
(for example 4069 footprint associated with 6 inverters
- Added: "Edit Position" to easy
move a pad or a via to a precise coordinate.
- Added: "Library Info" command
to get information about the components library.
- Added: "Drag Mode" and "Move Mode"
are now clearly indicated in the Edit menu.
- Added: Last path selected for
Open/Save file operation is now proposed for the next
Open/Save file operation.
- Modified: The QT version is updated
Replaced "int" with "void*" for handling arbitrary
pointers, for compatibility with gcc compiler in Linux
environment (thanks to Stuart Longland).
Removed: Hosting of the source code on Gitorious.
The source code is now only available
- Fixed: Fullsize resizing error in the
- Fixed: A crash error when removing
- Fixed: Option "y axis direction" is
now correctly saved.
||(27 July 2012)
|Ground planes release.
- New: Ground planes editable objects. The
Ground planes are defined with their outline polygon and
are recalculated after every "update netlist" command.
- Added: New components in the
library. The library has doubled his items from the
- Added: Portrait and landscape option
for the printing of PCB.
- Added: The internal vector font
supports now special characters in Italian, German and
- Modified: The QT version is updated to 4.8.1
- Fixed: A visualization error of the toolbar buttons in
the status bar.
||(8 July 2011)
|New commands and features release
(Draw Mode - Clean Up - Dynamic Ratsnests Mode etc...)
- Added: Draw mode selection in PCB
("Gerber Mode" or "Draft Mode"). Draft Mode uses
transparency in copper layers and Pads and Vias are
- Added: Selection of "Track",
"Connected Tracks", "Net" from a segment of a
- Added: Clean Up window
- Added: Wired and Active Ratsnests are
calculated using physical shape.
- Added: Dynamic Ratsnest Mode.
- Added: Info about Pads, Vias, Nets,
Wired Ratsnest and Active Ratsnest during "Update
- Added: After a Rotate/Mirror command
the pins that match wire terminals are now automatically
- Removed: Window Selection List.
- Changed: After a SCH
Rotate/Mirror/Cut the connected wires are now
- Changed: Style, Grid & Colours of
every document are now managed in separate windows.
- Changed: The "Default
Settings" are now more intelligible.
- Fixed: Shape error after rotation of
rounded rectangle pad.
- Fixed: Wrong color used for
displaying pads and vias.
- Fixed: Error during "Change Footprint
Side" on SMD components.
- Fixed: Ident and Value of a component
are now rightly updated after "Update Netlist" command.
- Fixed: Wrong bounding rect of a
component when Value is empty.
- Fixed: "Insert Node" wrong
position of the new node.
- Fixed: Wrong gerber files of MaskTop
and MaskBottom when using SMD components.
- Fixed: Unnecessary drill files
- Fixed: Wrong displaying of rounded
rectangle Vias and Pads.
- Fixed: Error during change pad
properties of a component in a project.
- Fixed: Wrong move selection in
schematic documents when "Move Mode" is set.
- Fixed: Selection of color mode in
- Fixed: Selection of invisible
- Fixed: Wrong component's ident after
repeatedly "Insert Components" command.
- Fixed: Now Pads/Vias are
correctly highlighted during insulation check and
- Fixed: PCB routing error (bad nodes
- Fixed: "Edit components" in
PCB documents now work whatever is the active layer.
- Fixed: Null wire length error using
"Edit Node" tool.
- Fixed: Wrong PCB wire
connection after deleting a footprint.
- Fixed: Junction of a pin is now
- Fixed: Initial settings error of new
- Fixed: Documents properties are now
||(2 May 2011)
|Bug-fix and interface
Report of not connected pins in schematic documents.
- Changed: Setting wire width in schematic documents.
- Fixed: Possibility to
associate a wrong footprint.
- Fixed: Adding/removing of
ungated pins are now prohibited into a project.
- Fixed: Position error in status bar.
- Fixed: Wrong enabling/disabling of
the wire and polyline tool buttons.
- Fixed: Not visible objects that are
not correctly managed.
||(31 March 2011)
|Linux porting release.
- New: Linux
porting completed. Itecad can now run on X11 platforms.
- New: BitRock
cross platform installer.
- Changed: Layer menu removed (now the
active layer can be easily changed on a combobox
- Changed: The library directory paths are now fixed
(/Library/SDT & /Library/PCB)
- Changed: The Options-Directories panel is more
- Changed: All the source codes are now in UTF-8
encoding format (useful for Windows and Linux
- Fixed: Change Footprint Side error.
- Fixed: Crash when the Internal_Vector_Font chars are
not loaded properly.
||(7 February 2011)
|Bug-fix and interface
- Added: TAB
key allows easy selection of an object visualized in the
- Added: Artistic grid for schematic
documents is now settable
- Changed: Start-up splahscreen is more
- Changed: Action menu
removed (however all the comands are available by
pressing keyboard shortcuts)
- Fixed: Error version when saving
Fixed: Wire routing error
Fixed: A bad behaviour of the special characters
||(18 January 2011)
|Bug-fix and interface
Panning is possible also by pressing wheel mouse.
- Added: Selection of overlying objects
is made easy with ALT key and selection window.
- Changed: Default page orientation
for schematic pages is now landscape.
- Changed: Default title block
for schematic pages is now fully visible.
- Fixed: Position error after clicking
right button mouse.
- Fixed: Library and project
paths are now correctly memorized.
- Fixed: Transform menu is now
disabled when there is no selection.
||(20 December 2010)
||First release of the software.
We are happy to announce that Itecad
1.0 is released today.
Please note that this is the first release, meaning that
there might be bugs and that there is room for
Download it, get familiar with it, ask about it to us.
Please don’t hesitate, we rely on your feedback for